Renew All Things in Christ.
- We know that all material things must end.
- Eternity is only available to the people who have been claimed by Christ and who will someday live with him.
- We therefore look forward to a paradise filled with life – the lives of those people to whom we have had the honor of ministering.
Archbishop Coleman F. Carroll established St. Pius X Church as a parish on March 12, 1959. The Archdiocese of Miami had just been erected a few months before. The permanent church opened in 1960. Our namesake, born Giuseppe Sarto, was Pope from 1903 until 1914, and was canonized a Saint in 1954. He lived from June 2, 1835 to August 20, 1914. His feast is August 21. A St. Pius X relic is preserved in our Shrine.
In our decades of service as a faith community, we have been led by nine priests:
- Fr. Joseph Cronin (1959-62),
- Fr. David Heffernan (1962-68),
- Fr. John McKeown (1968-81),
- Msgr. David Bushey (1981-86),
- Msgr. John Donnelly (1986-90),
- Fr. Patrick Slevin (1990-2010),
- Fr. Luis Rivera (2010-13),
- Fr. Gerald Morris (2013-15),
- Fr. Biju Vells. (Sept. 2015)