Join us and be part of the Synodal Process!
Friday, November 12, 2021
All are invited to attend a Synod consultive “listening” session at St. Pius X Church. You Do not need to be a parishioner to attend. Please sign-up for a session at the Church after each Mass or RSVP the Parish office (email@example.com) or call (954-564-1763).
The sessions dates are:
- Tuesday, Nov 30, 2021, from 9:30 am - 11:00 am.
- Thursday, Dec 2, 2021, from 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm and.
- Saturday, Dec 4, 2021, from 10:00 am - 11:30 am.
No sessions on Thanksgiving week.
XVI Synod of Bishops
Consultive Questionnaire - Individual Responses.
Please provide responses no later than December 15, 2021.
Recently, Pope Francis announced that there would be a worldwide synod exploring ways in which the universal church can improve its ability to listen to the faithful. The theme for the synod is, “For a Synodal Church: Communion, Participation and Mission.” The Holy Spirit continues to guide the church as he has guided her in the upper room at Pentecost. Pope Francis reminds us that we must continue to reflect on our life and mission so to better impact the world and increase our ability to encounter Christ. Your participation and input are a necessary and vital piece to this process.
Throughout the Archdiocese of Miami, people will be asked to respond to certain questions which are meant to help us discern as a local Church God’s will and to pursue the pathways to deeper communion, fuller participation, and greater openness to fulfilling our mission in the world. We are looking for feedback from as many people possible. This includes former and non-active Catholics.
Attached are those questions. Please take some time fill out this questionnaire. Feel free to make copies and share with friends and family. You can return these questionnaires 3 ways. In-Person or By regular mail to the Parish Office 2500 NE 33rd Ave Fort Lauderdale, FL 33305; By Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org; Or drop off at the church during mass times.
St. Pius X Synod Committee
- What fills you with joy about the Catholic Church? What causes you concern about the Catholic Church?
- Are you encouraged to speak up courageously and responsibly about challenges and concerns? Do you feel heard? Do you listen to the voices of others? How can we create greater opportunities for people to be heard in Church and in the public square?
- What type of support do you need to grow in your personal relationship with Jesus and His Church? What type of support do you need to help others to enter into a personal relationship with Jesus and His Church? How can the Catholic Church accompany and support you with these?
|More Info »||Online Questionnaire »|